This summer, our Sudara Travel series is focused on the cities that our team and amazing fans call home. If you’re looking for travel recommendations and places to visit in your favorite loungewear, these are a few of our favorite things to do, see, eat and sip across the U.S. and India. This week, we’re talking with one of our sweet fans and freedom activist, Olivia Waddell, about Kansas City.
Five words to describe Kansas City:
Three reasons to visit:
- There’s nothing like a Royals game. If you can snag tickets (and aren’t a die hard fan of your own team) you should definitely go and see the city while your here.
- One word: Barbeque.
- Despite what people may think about Kansas City, there’s actually a lot to do and see. You can visit Union Station, Crown Center, Power and Light District, The Nelson Atkins Art Museum or The River Market!
One thing people maybe suprised to learn about city:
Fav places for coffee:
- Quay Coffee
Fav places for breakfast/brunch:
Fav place for lunch:
- Corner Bakery
Fav place for a casual dinner:
- Jose Peppers (they have the best espinaca ever)
Fav place for lunch/dinner with a view:
- McCormick and Schmick’s
Fav places for live music:
- The Art Factory
- Power and Light District
Fav place for a good workout:
- Loose Park is beautiful for walking or running
Must visit places/fav things to do:
- Visit the Nelson Atkins Art museum and the River Market (especially if you are here during Spring or Summer)!