Just a few of the things we’re reading, watching, loving, and finding on the interwebs lately.
- 45.8 million people are subject to some form of modern slavery in the world today. Global Slavery Index report
- The Indian village with no locks or doors via
- Why generous people end up getting the most out of life via
- Honey Mustard Chicken Bacon + Avocado Salad via. And now we want bacon and avocado on everything.
- Golden (Turmeric) milk. Yay or nay? We’re thinking yay and want to make this Golden Milk Ice-Cream via.
- Outdated Beauty Items You Should Definitely Ditch. Wait…but we love our eyelash curler!!
- Lots of Sunscreens Can’t Be Trusted to Actually Protect Your Skin via. Ahh! We need to look for a new sunscreen.
- Wide-legged floral print trousers are all the rage this summer. Photo proof. Hmmm. We know where to find those too.
- “It’s the hard days — the days that challenge you to your very core — that will determine who you are.” Sheryl Sandberg’s Powerful Commencement Speech
- Considering a career change? 4 essential questions to ask yourself. “Do I have a plan that aligns with my true self?”
- How to make stress your friend. Taking a lot of notes on this one.
- How and why we need to change ourselves, not our children via
- Loving these quotes.
- Listening to: Sons & Daughters by Allman Brown; Somewhere Over the Rainbow played by Josh Feinberg on Sitar; The Ecstatics by Explosions in the Sky
- Reading: The Road to Character by David Brooks (quote below)
“…After you’ve known them for a while, it occurs to you that you’ve never heard them boast, you’ve never seen them self-righteous or doggedly certain. They aren’t dropping little hints of their own distinctiveness and accomplishments. They live by the inverse logic that in order to fulfill yourself, you have to forget yourself.”