This summer, our Sudara Travel series is focused on the cities that our small (but mighty!) team calls home. If you’re looking for travel recommendations or a new city to explore in your Sudara goods, these are a few of our favorite things to do, see, eat and sip across the U.S. and India. This week, we’re talking with our stylist and graphic designer, Liana Wood, and product manager, Ryan Wood, about Dallas!
Five words to describe Dallas:
- and sparkly 😉
Three reasons to visit:
- the food
- the diversity
- the skyline
One thing people may be surprised to learn about Dallas:
Favorite place(s) for coffee:
Favorite place(s) for breakfast/brunch:
Favorite place(s) for lunch:
Favorite food truck(s):
Favorite place(s) for a casual dinner:
Eureka in uptown is where we frequent most for casual dinners. They’re mostly farm-to-table and have a bajillion craft beers on tap. Okay, like 40. 😉
Favorite place(s) for lunch/dinner with a view:
Favorite place(s) for drinks:
- If we feel like getting a little fancy, we head over to The Standard Pour in uptown. It’s kind of dark, moody, and old fashioned. They have some top-notch craft cocktails.
- Our personal vibe is pretty casual though, and you’ll most likely find us in our sneakers at The Truck Yard in the summer. A beer garden that is made up of recycled truck/junk yard parts as decor and seating. Sounds super redneck, but we promise the cool kids go there. And it’s awesome.
Favorite place for live music:
Favorite place for a good workout:
Favorite things to do/must visit places:
- There are endless things for visitors to do in Dallas. We would recommend visiting all the neighborhoods to see the diversity of the city. Deep Ellum for the grungy art and the farmers market. Bishop Arts district for those that want to browse small shops and local creative work. Trinity Groves for an endless variety of food and drink. Uptown for drinks and nightlife. Highland Park to get a glimpse of how the posh live their daily lives. Lower Greenville (our fav) for the east-Dallas casual folk.
- Then we’d tell you to take a tour of the 6th Floor Museum where President Kennedy was assassinated. Come in September/October for amazing weather and the state fair. Lastly, SHOP. Because Dallas is just fabulous for that – fashionistas everywhere!
- And, of course, Ryan will want to take you on a bass fishing expedition along Turtle Creek and all around White Rock Lake. 😉
3 cheers for the Lone Star State!